Thread: Linhof Super Technika IV repair - the groove which locks onto the track

Linhof Super Technika IV repair - the groove which locks onto the track

I've searched high and low for a name for this horrible fragile weak breakable plastic component of the Technika camera, and nowhere is it named.

I refer to the part which fastens the lens standard, to each of the two tracks of the base board (either side). This then allows the standard to travel back and forth along the tracks.

In cross section, it resembles a <

I have a Super Technika IV for which this part is fractured on one side, leaving only a small part remaining, which of course may eventually break under the shearing forces that will concentrate on it on that side of the tracks.

It would be so easy to 3D print it, but l don't even know what to call it, and l don't think l've seen it on sale on any site.
    [Moreover, the few 3D printing sites l've seen require that l absolutely must fill my browser cache with so many cooookieeeeees. I get the feeling there's not really any real 3D parts to buy, it's just about cookies.]

Please see photos for the part l'm after. As you may note, even if l had the part, l would need to align it well, and glue it well, to the standard, otherwise the tracks would shear it clean off during its travels.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Broken track grip 1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	253391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Broken track grip 2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	253392

Re: Linhof Super Technika IV repair - the groove which locks onto the track

Update: I would settle for a 3D printed replacement of the entire horizontally oriented underside to the front standard, i.e. the entire platform which interfaces with the tracks. That screws into the front standard (although l've a feeling it's not quite so simple a few turns of a few screws), which would be far easier than supergluing a small fragment of the part that directly interlocks with the track, because gosh, that is so hard to get right. The glue has to be strong, and the fragment has to be perfectly aligned. The glue being strong, makes the slightest misalignment unforgivable and that's also when you start getting minute fragments of strong glue on the tracks too.

Sadly 3D printed parts websites as l say, are plastered in unnavigable cookie "choice" (= no choice) screens, and they don't even appear to have what l want from what l could make out. Please, if you have a 3D printer, make me one of those parts .... ?

the part is called a Standartenschlitten. This translates in English to - Standard Sled.
    The part is made of aluminum and painted black.

I don't have parts diagrams for the IV but it is nearly the same as the 70

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Technika 70 17.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	253439

I can't tell for certain in your photo but it appears the "Klemmschlitten" (Clamping slide) is also damaged. It is supposed to grip the rail from the middle along with the Sled on either end.

I will grab a photo of mine and we can compare them.

If you can, post a photo of the bottom of yours.

Here is the base of my 23 T4. you can see the clamping rail at the top between the 2 sled rails...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7022.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	253486

@Embdude many thanks.

Here are more photos of the underside:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20.jpg   21.jpg  

I see a slight difference between what l have, and what you have, but l don't know how the round metal circle that you have, would grip anything on the Linhof Super Techika IV's base board.