Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Re: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Cool! How many thousand Watt Seconds? My personal stash is 20KWS.
    My count is this:

3 Scoro A4 (3,200w/s) packs - 9,600w/s
    6 Grafit A4 (3,200w/s) packs - 19,200w/s
    1 Grafit A2 (1600w/s) packs - 1,600w/s
    4 Primo A2 (1600w/s) packs - 9,600w/s
    1 Primo Fashion (1200ws) pack - 1,200w/s

for a total of 38,000w/s. We didn't use the Grafit 1200 or the Primos and nothing was over about 7.0 in power so theres some load shedding there. We also had 2 800w/s battery powered Siros L monoblocs but we didn't use those either.

You've got four Scoro packs pictured there though, don't you? One with a black handle, three with the blue?

Quote Originally Posted by grantflanagan View Post
    My count is this:

3 Scoro A4 (3,200w/s) packs - 9,600w/s
    6 Grafit A4 (3,200w/s) packs - 19,200w/s
    1 Grafit A2 (1600w/s) packs - 1,600w/s
    4 Primo A2 (1600w/s) packs - 9,600w/s
    1 Primo Fashion (1200ws) pack - 1,200w/s

for a total of 38,000w/s. We didn't use the Grafit 1200 or the Primos and nothing was over about 7.0 in power so theres some load shedding there. We also had 2 800w/s battery powered Siros L monoblocs but we didn't use those either.
    Thank You! Very interesting. I grew up on strobes from Burbank, Ca. Profoto wasn't around back then and Bron had a smaller market share than Norman in Southern California. My local camera store serviced Norman but that was only needed once.

Can you give us a hint where we might see the results of your labor?

I found this KEWL Fashion Video, that reveals the olde '60's Fashion Trick, of partially collapsing the 'brollie. It concentrates the light in a beautiful gradient lighting.

Egad, it's a "poor man's" substitute for the Beeg Bron Para's. And it fit's well in my smaller square foot studio.

This is truly cool to me. I was going to junk the 'Bron Brollies, which I have never used!

Out they are going to come out. I have some really cool older ones too, from the earlier days of Bron.

NEVER THROW ANYTHING AWAY. This is darn clever IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3bP9dMUsS4
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

New Copy Setup in Studio by Nokton48, on Flickr

I've been copying RC Silver prints in my Enlarging Room, with ambient LED lighting. I have decided to move my Minolta Copy Stand into the studio area, and leave it set up on a permanent basis. From Harbor Freight a rolling cart (I have several), with an Apple Box Riser on the top shelf, makes a strong base with wheels for the copy stand. Easy to move around as I please. Recently donated to me, a pair of Broncolor Impact 300J Impacts, with well used strobe tubes working perfectly, and a nice matched pair. Standard Impact Reflector, attached 3M Polarizing Filters on both lights. Camera for 35mm film is a Minolta SRT-101 with SRT Diopter Eyepiece Correction, SRT Cable Release, 50mm F3.5 MC Macro Rokkor, and 55mm Minolta Hooded Polarizing Filter. All filters set for maximum polarization, lighting balanced to 1/3 fstop with Broncolor Incident Strobe Meter. With Ilford PanF+ rated at EI 25, I'm at F16 without polariizer exposure correction, so I did a bracketed series at 1/2 stops to establish a good baseline. This is a pretty good setup I'm intending to leave up all the time, and it's easily movable.

I also intend to use the setup for copying flat art and I have a Skier Box for digitizing negatives with the same setup. This will evolve.

― Mark Twain

Must be a 1/8 Apple. I've heard a lot of Apple Box jokes but can't remember one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    I've heard a lot of Apple Box jokes but can't remember one now.
    I resemble that remark! LOL

― Mark Twain

Hi Dan,

Can you shed any light on why the standard, non gel holder Bron reflectors have that lip on them?

Yep, I just can't count! So 41,200w/s plus another 1600 for the two Siros so 43,200?

I will post the results when it the poster comes out!

Hi Grant,
    The reflectors I found in my boxes are the grey plastic umbrella type, the front lips are removable on these two. The polarizing gels were cut to size, and taped on the inside of the metal lips, and then reattached. I also have some reflectors that are similar in shape, that take barndoors, and on those mount gels on the outside of the reflector.

I suppose I could switch out the reflectors, to the ones I have that take barndoors and have the usual front mounting gel clips. Or do you think there is a better way to do this?

― Mark Twain