Thread: Agfa Duoscan F40 will not turn on

Unhappy Agfa Duoscan F40 will not turn on

Hi,

I have acquired an Agfa Duoscan F40 (double-)flatbed scanner in very good shape for the purpose of scanning 35mm and medium format film. It is very similar to other Agfa scanners such as the T2500, T5000, Duoscan HID, ... It should be able to do its job well, however it won't turn on. I have looked at some of the accessible internals (the motherboard) and nothing seems to be defective, disconnected or lacking. The power buttons seems to be in working order, although it is a bit soft. I have unlocked the scanner (there's a lock below). I have tried multiple electrical outlets and different power cables. The cable that was sent with the scanner is not original, it seems to be an old Macintosh (for Mac computers) cable. Overall the packaging was good, although one side had been holed, the scanner was well protected and prisitine. Seller is an old lady, scanner was her husband's, she said that it was working before it had been sent, and showed me a picture of the scanner turning on.

What could have gone wrong ? What could have broken ? Obviously if it could be repaired, it would perform well. The scanner doesn't even have a scratch because it had belonged to a professional photographer before. The only hint I've found about why it may not be working is that if the scanner refuses to turn on, it could be due to broken fuses. I don't see any way that the fuses would have died, though, and surely Agfa wouldn't fix it that anymore.

In hope that someone might know a thing or two about such issues,
    Chryselephantine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails agfaduoscanf40.jpg