Thread: 10x24cm adapter for fidelity 10x8" holders (3d print STL files and SketchUp Files)

10x24cm adapter for fidelity 10x8" holders (3d print STL files and SketchUp Files)

I am now also one of those strange people who likes the 18x24cm format. Apart from the discussion about whether it makes sense to have only one film manufacturer available (Foma 100), the reason is that my main lens has a very tight exposure circle. With 18x24 I have the little bit of movement I can do. In addition, my Jobi 2830 only fits 4 18x24 sheets (with a self-printed spiral holder). It is too short for 8x10". I had already found two 18x24 film holders and added a few 8x10" ones. But since I end up shooting more 18x24 photos, I wanted to adapt these 8x10" holders. Adhesive strips and other options didn't seem like a good option to me. Neither did fixed conversions and gluing. So I went into SketchUp (apparently an unprofessional horror for any CAD professional) and drew a system. On one piece 3d printing was not possible as there would be overhangs and the bridges made by the slicer would be a horror to remove. So I have a main frame and an upper simple frame for the guides. In the end you just have to glue them together.
    I tested these on Fidelity Deluxe and they fit well. You can just put them in and take them out like an 8x10" film. Loading the 18x24cm is analog. You have a slightly different centering, but only slightly off.
    I have the STL files here and also the *.skp files for SketchUp if anyone wants to change them.
    As the Forum don't allow special file formats you can find the files here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6666371
    The things are larger than 20cm and fit better in/on larger 3D printers (30x30cm).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5420.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	250739

Re: 10x24cm adapter for fidelity 10x8" holders (3d print STL files and SketchUp Files

thanks for sharing!

Re: 10x24cm adapter for fidelity 10x8" holders (3d print STL files and SketchUp Files

Update: They fit in Fidelity Elite holders as well.

Excellent posting here! Thank you for this.

Daniel, also one of those strange people shooting 18x24cm. 8x10 photo paper makes an excellent black border around an 18x24 negative. My Olde Norma 121mm F8 covers 18/24, it's really pushing it on 8x10. The smaller film is more comfortable to shoot. And 24cm Aerial Film is really easy to use in the smaller size holder. Only one cut is necessary Kodak Mammo Film is already cut to 18x24 ready to go. Easy Peasy and Cheap Cheap! 18/24 film I buy in the Winter Times, from the German Shoppes. Order enough to justify the shipping, it's the best way IMO. Selection is excellent.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain