Thread: Agfa Ansco part question

Question Agfa Ansco part question

Hi,

I am restoring an Agfa Ansco 8x10. I don’t know what the name of the metal part is (photos attached). it has two fixed spur gears in the center and moves the rear standard back and forth on the rails. I bought it with one knob snapped off. i want to fix or replace it if I can. I am looking for a metal fabricator to price out replacing it. However, I would like to remedy this myself if I can. Any suggestions on how I could either fix it or build one myself? I have a tool that will thread a rod that size. I was thinking two brass female knobs. I’m looking for the spur gears to buy. I can’t think of a way to get the spur gears to be fixed on the rod. Any suggestions?

Attachment 250643
    Attachment 250644

Re: Agfa Ansco part question

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleyf View Post
    Hi,

I am restoring an Agfa Ansco 8x10. ......... Any suggestions on how I could either fix it or build one myself? I have a tool that will thread a rod that size. I was thinking two brass female knobs. I’m looking for the spur gears to buy. I can’t think of a way to get the spur gears to be fixed on the rod. Any suggestions?

Attachment 250643
    Attachment 250644
    I had a similar problem with a 5x7 Agfa Ansco. Assuming that you still have enough rod end left to clear the camera rail and any intruding body parts, a simple die to thread the empty end and then a brass knob, set screw, and maybe Loctite red should do the trick if you don't put too much pressure on the replacement knob. All of the above are available at neighborhood hardware stores.