Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repetition Over & Over

Re: Repetition Over & Over

Sometimes we'll merge threads when there's discussion about a specialized or exotic topic and it seems like it would be best to have everything in one place. But it would be a waste of effort, and not much help to anyone, to try to merge all of the common discussions into a smaller set of massive threads that run on for thousands of posts, and insist that everyone post only to those.

When a newcomer arrives and seems to be asking a question in good faith, just be kind and answer in the same spirit, OK? It's fine to point to an existing thread if there's a relevant, helpful discussion there, but there's no need or justification to be nasty or snarky about it.

My memory is failing as fast as my eyesight

since I have lost a lot of weight

i can walk

a bit

i hope to vote
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    When you write a report on some topic, you divide it into three sections. First you tell 'em what you;re going to tell 'em. Then you tell 'em. Then you tell 'em what you told 'em.
    . . . and on some forums, you repeat the whole process a few times, with double or triple spaced lines to take up more space.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Sometimes we'll merge threads when there's discussion about a specialized or exotic topic and it seems like it would be best to have everything in one place. But it would be a waste of effort, and not much help to anyone, to try to merge all of the common discussions into a smaller set of massive threads that run on for thousands of posts, and insist that everyone post only to those.

When a newcomer arrives and seems to be asking a question in good faith, just be kind and answer in the same spirit, OK? It's fine to point to an existing thread if there's a relevant, helpful discussion there, but there's no need or justification to be nasty or snarky about it.
    yeah I meant the. big important stuff gets merged not random stuff like "which direction do notch codes go" .. or "what's your favorite hat"
    I always thought people here were nice in answering questions for confused / new people, even if the questions have been asked a handful of times ..
    most here have always been very excited to spread the gospel of 20 square inches or more ..

I was taught to always double or triple space for room to edit

on typewriters

'they' could never teach me longhand script

i print

12 schools in 12 years

and each year new math then old math and bullies

as weakling, new schools love to HAZE

i look forward to next life
    Tin Can