Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plate holders of a Ernemann Klapp-Camera 13x18

Re: Plate holders of a Ernemann Klapp-Camera 13x18

Do not try to repair this - the problems you mention make this a source of spare parts.
    The identical model + double plate holder that Ron (nl) discovered is still available. And the seller is open to a best offer!
    But honestly, on-auction bidding/purchase of these highly specialized cameras is a real gamble. The sellers rarely have competence to judge their real condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosoi Vlad View Post
    so.... the camera is in a worst state from I imagined, basically I got F twice first the seller then the online action site... the camera is half superglue a quarter saw dust and the rest dryrot wood with some shoe polish.

I manage to save the bellows, as it responded well to the diy balm, not perfect(cannot replace de missing pieces..) make a frame that got eaten by bugs and I have to remake the interior. double the cardboard to make it more stiff dubble all places that flex and finish with an old Tshirt. I will paint them "ultra" mate black at some point. (and make a spare bellow in a more conventional way)
    Front standard is not usable-70%loss due to dryrot=somewhat stabilized with... superglue), I will take some rides to local bricolage shops to find some materials for it. they must match somewhat the thicknesses of original material.
    even the F mounting flange is F the lens was glue with superglue. the lens is also kinda F. some screws are actual nails...
    The body has so many, so many holes....
    Before somebody says that is a write off, I can't do that, I at least have to try.
    Attachment 250011 Attachment 250014
    What's your DIY bellows balm?

I have a Contessa Nettel Deckrullo which needs repair, but I gave up almost immediately after finding there's little information online about that kind of focal plane shutter (and I didn't want to wreck it, just taking it apart).

Sorry that you got a bad deal, hope your repairs go well. If you upload good quality images of what you are working with, you might help someone else in the future with a similar camera.

Quote Originally Posted by pjd View Post
    What's your DIY bellows balm?

I have a Contessa Nettel Deckrullo which needs repair, but I gave up almost immediately after finding there's little information online about that kind of focal plane shutter (and I didn't want to wreck it, just taking it apart).

Sorry that you got a bad deal, hope your repairs go well. If you upload good quality images of what you are working with, you might help someone else in the future with a similar camera.
    Well.... some Garnier creame (do all the repair I can) and then silicone spray (for dashboards or the one for cooking) this part if flexebility and after that is completly absorbed parafin oil and wax + terebentine that part is for some water protection and not to have that annoying stupid shine

deleted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 441951633_7964485083609362_2549193848978369510_n.jpg   441951980_7964412136949990_5943211666671485471_n.jpg   20240522_202423.jpg  
    Last edited by Rosoi Vlad; 22-May-2024 at 11:46.

Started to play a little bit with the lens. did I said that it has nails not proper screws?)
    All the barrels are distorted and had to be attacked quite heavily with sandpaper.... the glass its not tragic, some justifiable scratches on the front glass and paint loss on the interior elements.
    yesterday and today I worked on the aperture-complete success.-I reverse the blades so areas of discoloration to be on the film side-more contrast. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240522_202423.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	250108 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	441951633_7964485083609362_2549193848978369510_n.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	250110 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	441951980_7964412136949990_5943211666671485471_n.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	250109 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240522_202640.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	250112
    I put some fillers for some screws ~ 1.5mm diameter 2 mm threaded and 3 mm unthreaded

And the "dirty" side of the aperture- it is some kind of buildup resistive to alcohol and solvents I did not want to try anything more - I am to lazy and once I had the back paint just disappearing on me )
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240522_204346.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	250113

@Steven, its just to expensive for me to keep it a a spare parts camera... it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by pjd View Post
    I was able to restore 2 Deckrullo's and will do some more in the near future. However I was lucky that only the shutter curtains had to be replaced and not the ribbons, since there are no good replacements for the fine silk ribbons. The shutter of the Deckrullo is in fact the forerunner of the Contax shutter - which settings operate by friction - and therefore quite a bit more complicated than for instance the shutter of the Ernemann Klapp camera's. Further, since I was working on 10x15cm camera's, the shutter curtains are quite big and therefore need expensive replacements.

I made photo's of one of the restorations but haven't found the time to publish them on internet with a comprehensible explanation.

My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Ron (Netherlands) View Post
    I was able to restore 2 Deckrullo's and will do some more in the near future. However I was lucky that only the shutter curtains had to be replaced and not the ribbons, since there are no good replacements for the fine silk ribbons. The shutter of the Deckrullo is in fact the forerunner of the Contax shutter - which settings operate by friction - and therefore quite a bit more complicated than for instance the shutter of the Ernemann Klapp camera's. Further, since I was working on 10x15cm camera's, the shutter curtains are quite big and therefore need expensive replacements.

I made photo's of one of the restorations but haven't found the time to publish them on internet with a comprehensible explanation.
    I have a 9x12 Deckrullo waiting repair - not sure when I'll get around to it. Photos uploaded even with minimal explanation would be of interest to me, probably to others if possible - I know it's time consuming, however. I also have a focal plane shutter attachment for a 9x12 ICA Ideal in the UK, never got around to looking at that much. My brother tested it enthusiastically, at which point something gave out after he'd successfully tested it a few times.