Please forgive the newbie question. I searched for an answer before posting, but could not find it, and the most recent lensboard adapter discussion was from 2022, and I didn’t want to add this slightly off topic new question to it.

I suspect the answer to my question is all too obvious to many here. I have been thoroughly enjoying my Chamonix 45F-2, but using it has made me realize I want certain features, and that those require another camera. In this case, the Arca-Swiss Metric C Field (with 110mm lensboards). I plan to keep using the Chamonix as well. Because the Chamonix uses Linhof size lens boards, they store slightly more compactly in my backpack compartment (actually, a Stone lens case) than if the lenses were all to be remounted in A-S boards. My lenses are:

Schneider 47
Schneider 72
Schneider 75
Rodie 90/6.8
Rodie 135
Rodie 210
Nikkor 300

Those three Rodies far and away get the most use, with the Schneider 75 coming in 4th. If I only take one, I take the 135 every time.

While I wait for the A-S to arrive, I’ve been looking at adapters like these.

So here is the dumb question: is this something I place on the A-S and leave there, or is this something each lens mounted to a Chamonix/Linhof lens board requires? As I write that, I realize the answer must be obvious. It would make no sense to require an adapter for each lens. Would it?

If it stays mounted to my A-S, are these adapters reliable and effective for fit and light-tightness?

And third dumb question: am I thinking about this all wrong? Is there a more sensible way to integrate the two cameras for lens use purposes?

TIA!

P.S. I’d normally ask my dealer, but he’s away right now.