Thread: Wet Plate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wet Plate

Yes, I see that the plates at Zebra are dry plates, not wet. I was going to make my own film holder with some craft wood and measure up to the plane of the film holders I have now. I don't see why that would be any different, providing I make it light tight. Do you have any recommendations than if I don't need a dedicated or typical 4x5. its about 6mm thick, the dry plates.

Unless you are really set on making one, dry plate holders are much cheaper than wet…and it would save a lot of trouble in my view. There is one for $20 plus shipping here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29614508122...Bk9SR-b0yZfJYw

Quote Originally Posted by Csholl View Post
    Yes, I see that the plates at Zebra are dry plates, not wet. I was going to make my own film holder with some craft wood and measure up to the plane of the film holders I have now. I don't see why that would be any different, providing I make it light tight. Do you have any recommendations than if I don't need a dedicated or typical 4x5. its about 6mm thick, the dry plates.
    I see. So you're not talking about Wet Plate at all. Buy a 4x5 plate holder off fleabay, don't try to make one yourself. You don't need an expensive wet plate holder.