Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
In that case, the only advantage with Google Search is that one can search for 2 or 3 characters as shown above.
To search in a sub-forum, one must use Advanced Search and check the required forums, or go to the sub-forum and use the Search Forum tab, with the proviso that the keyword has at least 4 characters.

Kumar
You're giving the vBulletin search feature way too much credit. It truly is awful. Google is light years ahead of it in terms of usefulness.
The biggest problem is that it can't search for phrases, and that's a MAJOR problem. If you put more than one word in a vBulletin search, it will search for any instance of any of the words, and applies no algorithm to make use of the combination.
A good example of this is searching for a thread I started. I used a search for the words "easy bake". The vBulletin search gave me a complete list of useless links that made no sense. The Google search came up with the right link at the top, no problem.

Another good example is to search for "Linhof cams". Again, the vBulletin search comes up with useless nonsense links, while the Google search gives useful ones.