Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Re: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Quote Originally Posted by dxp View Post
    How does that differ from the regular diffusion dome?
    The Sunlite is unique, point-source strobe light, fits all Pulso heads. VERY sharp light, unusual flash tube very long, takes this size dome. Mine is UV coated as you can see, good for color. But I'm a B&W Guy, I'll use this dome in upcoming construction projects, I'll wager. I did order two Phoxene CLEAR Diffusion Domes for Pulso, they are on their way. Here's a test of one on my Octobox 150, with supplemental Octobox Diffusion Panel. Very soft wrap-around light, I love it.

And Yep the C200 is 1500J, not 1600J. My Bad. BUT let me caveat that; Sinar advertised that the C200 puts out MORE usuable light than some 2500J pack system; Because it's a Monolight, no additional resistance due to voltage flowing through cables. More Umph than some 2500J's. It's a Pulso Powerhouse

Shell Peco Jr 180mm f5.6 Fuji GX680 PanF+ D23 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Junior 180mm F5.6 Fuji GX680 Ilford PanF+ Plaubel Makina Film Back D23 1:1 JOBO Multitank6 Etone Tank Roller Omega DII 180mm black Rodagon laser aligned Arista #2 RC Dektol 1:2. Broncolor C200 Monolight Broncolor Octobox 150 Foamcore Fill Panel. Tim Layton digital background (printed at Sam's Club) on FOBA Sweep Table. Used a lot of camera movements to get the tines sharp as was possible.

As to whether a safety dome is required, Kevin AT KHB told me, if it's a fan cooled head, it needs a glass safety dome. My Olde Blue Universal Heads are NOT fan cooled, they can't take domes, but don't need them.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 6-Jan-2024 at 18:21.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Here is an excellent posting on Youtube, the Godox fitted Projector (which can fit my Impacts and Visatec units), compared side by side, to the Broncolor Picolite, and the Pulso 4 Projector. I ordered one of the former off Ebay, which utilizes a Canon 50mm F1.8 AF lens. I happen to have one around that was given to me years ago. I can adapt this unit to fit Impact/Visatec units; I have adapter rings in my parts box that might work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otlCnzmFw4E

― Mark Twain

Makiflex 150 Xenar HRU D23 Octobox 150 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Makiflex 150mm Schneider barrel Xenar 4x5 Fuji HRU XRAY D23 1:1 8x10 Aristo #2 RC Omega DII laser aligned. Dektol 1:2 Broncolor Octobox 150 with frosted bulb and Octobox Supplemental Diffusion. Backround by David Maheu "Tim Kelly Classic".

Lighting and background test. Shot this at a decent F/stop in one pop, prolly F11 or F16. Something I could not do before more strobe power came along. The size of the Octobox being 150cm spreads the light, then add bulb diffusion, and Octobox 150 Supplemental Diffusion. Approaching controllable 1500J window lighting with a fairly small studio footprint. I leave it set up all the time.

― Mark Twain

That's a really useful video, thanks. I'm now very interested in that Picolite projection spot attachment. I hadn't realised previously just how much control that gave you over the shape of the light.

That now means I want all the Picolite modifiers, 'cause I'll find uses for all of them! Yesterday I took delivery of the snoot attachment. I waited as long as I could for the cheapest deal I could find, but still ended up paying a few hundred euros. Also got a little Broncolor articulated arm for the Picolite, which is quite nice actually.

Here's a question for you—have you ever had to re-rivet a normal Broncolor Pulso-mount reflector? I caught a good deal (~30€) on a P65 reflector that arrived this week, and it's in really good shape but with a little slack in three of the four rivets that hold the bayonet mount to the reflector bowl.

I assume it would be pretty straight forward to carefully drill them out and replace with new rivets, but before I do I wonder if there's anything I should know about them, or if they're just a normal rivet. It could definitely still be used as is, but things that rattle in the studio tend to annoy me—I like everything solid and locked down.

Broncolor Impaspot Impact 41 CFV16 60 Dist by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here I am firing a Broncolor Impaspot at a very large sheet of 1/4" Plexiglass (it came with my Broncolor Hazylight!), propped vertical on my FOBA Sweep Table. Kinda Kewl how the Impaspot lights the facets in the Plex. Flecks in the Plex! LOL Looks kinda Spacey. Hasselblad 500C/M CFV16 Digital Back, 60mm V Distagon. One Pop 600J EI 100

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by dxp View Post
    Here's a question for you—have you ever had to re-rivet a normal Broncolor Pulso-mount reflector? I caught a good deal (~30€) on a P65 reflector that arrived this week, and it's in really good shape but with a little slack in three of the four rivets that hold the bayonet mount to the reflector bowl. I assume it would be pretty straight forward to carefully drill them out and replace with new rivets, but before I do I wonder if there's anything I should know about them, or if they're just a normal rivet. It could definitely still be used as is, but things that rattle in the studio tend to annoy me—I like everything solid and locked down.
    dxp,

The problem I have encountered, is the inner silver reflector needs to be removed, in order to get to the rivits. I have enlarged rivit holes, and used hobby model screws and hardware nuts and bolts to tighten it all up. I have a couple of P70 Reflectors that have lived hard, a few dents nothing crucial. These need attention, I don't like using wobbly stuff either, I like it solid and strong. Doable but it's a project IMO, not easy. But worth it! Rivits prolly easier than hobby nuts and bolts.
    Let us know what works best.

― Mark Twain

Makiflex 150 Xenar F11 Octobox 50 Ortho Commercial 9x12cm by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Auto Makiflex with SK Grimes Graphic Back 150 f4.5 Auto Maki Xenar Yellow Filter Ilford Commercial Ortho 9x12cm Arca Swiss 9x12cm Graphic Back. Broncolor Octobox 150 1500J C200 Monolight One Pop F11. D23 Straight Replenished in 9x12cm Combiplan Tank. DipN'Dunk works great! Love it. New Background Low Key by Artist David Maheu. 4x6 Foamcore Fill off camera right. A successful first test of the Combiplan, I utilized red LED safelight Inspection 25 minutes Straight Replenished D23. Omega DII Laser Aligned 180mm Rodagon Omegalite Dektol 1:2. Copied with Sony Nex 7 on Minolta SRT Copy Stand, Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M at F8

― Mark Twain

BRONCLOR 21 41 MAT GLASS DOME by Nokton48, on Flickr

Bingo. Ding Ding Ding! After ten years of searching, a set of Broncolor Impact 21/41 Glass Domes. The FROSTED one is what I have needed Big Time. Different from the completely frosted end to end (early?) ones I have repeatedly broken in the past. This Dome is required when using the Broncolor Impact Impaspot, I have two of them. Coming from France, Hurray!

Does anyone know, are these European Product Code Numbers? They don't correspond to my USA catalogs.

― Mark Twain

Are they safety and diffusion?
    Tin Can

Both are Pyrex safety, frosted one is necessary for precision projection spotlighting with the Impaspot. I've always covered my Impacts with the clear glass domes when using them at Weddings. For maximum safety, it's the incandescent modeling light that is most dangerous I think? Tungsten bulbs have been known to explode, so a worthy precaution. All my Impacts have clear domes, because they can take them.

The frosted one has been nearly impossible to find, until now. A long term search. Also interesting how the diffusion -just- covers the Impact flashtube. From there to further back, the dome is clear. Must work good that way?

― Mark Twain