PDA

View Full Version : Satin varnish for texture feel

drarmament
3-Jun-2024, 16:33
I been using cobra spray for experimenting on how to get a texture feel on my ambrotypes. I know it’s not archival and I really love the feel. Does anyone else do experiments with ambrotype. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240603/5d4fddc9da94934a4a062764df092602.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xkaes
3-Jun-2024, 17:31
It's not specific to Ambrotypes -- or ANY types -- but others have wanted to add texture to their photos and asked "How?". Do a SEARCH (upper right corner of this screen) for "brush strokes", "adding texture", etc. and you will find earlier discussions. There is no shortage of thick, clear oils for painting that can be used to add texture. How close is your nearest art supply shop? I don't mean "Hobby Lobby", etc. They will give you a million ideas.

drarmament
3-Jun-2024, 19:12
It's not specific to Ambrotypes -- or ANY types -- but others have wanted to add texture to their photos and asked "How?". Do a SEARCH (upper right corner of this screen) for "brush strokes", "adding texture", etc. and you will find earlier discussions. There is no shortage of thick, clear oils for painting that can be used to add texture. How close is your nearest art supply shop? I don't mean "Hobby Lobby", etc. They will give you a million ideas.

I found cobra Satin Varnish works really well. I just want find something more archival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk